Before you have planned to do an experiment in the kitchen, you must know what Thukpa actually is. Thukpa is one of the popular soup in Nepal, especially the northern Himalayan Region. Thupka is very simple, hearty, and fragrant to prepare. It is very helpful, and this satisfying soup recipe from the kitchen of the Sarawagi group can make your winter warmer.
Ingredients that you must need in the kitchen in order to make your soup delicious.
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil is one of the essential items in order to prepare the Thupka soup.
- 1.5 liters (6 cups) chicken stock is another big essential item as Thupka is warm chicken soup.
- 300g skinless chicken thigh fillet is necessary to make your soup tasty and delicious.
- 300g rice noodles add a unique flavor in Thupka Chicken soup.
- 100g carrot, cut into thin matchsticks for garnishing and adding a flavor in the soup.
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced another important item to garnish the soup.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice to balance the taste in the soup.
- Salt and pepper, to taste are important in preparing chicken soup, Thupka.
- Chopped coriander, to serve and garnish the chicken soup.
- Spice paste must be prepared to flavor the chicken soup.
- 1 small onion, chopped you must have in the kitchen when you are preparing the Thupka.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped is another necessary item to prepare a good soup.
- 1 tsp chopped ginger is one of the spices that make your soup delicious.
- 1 tsp ground cumin you should have to make your Thupka tasty.
- ½ tsp ground turmeric to add color and taste in the chicken soup.
- ¼ tsp ground Timur powder (Szechwan pepper) is necessary to create an awesome Nepalese taste in the Thupka, the chicken soup.
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder, a little of asafetida power is necessary for the soup.
- 1 long green chili, deseeded, chopped can create huge value in the soup.
- 200g tomatoes, chopped is important to fill your chicken soup with solid edible stuff.
Now you are prepared with all the necessary stuff that helps you to make your chicken soup as per the chef from the kitchen of Sarawagi Group. We are assuming that utensils and other cooking stuff you already have in your kitchen.
Follow the instructions to prepare the soup, and get ready to make a move to the kitchen area of your house. Wear Apron first.
The recipe mentioned here has been created by the Sarawagi Group, and it may differ from the picture you have seen in the official website of the Sarawagi group.
You can purchase the spice paste but you can also make it in the home. How? In order to prepare the spice paste, you need to combine all the important spice ingredients for the Sarawagi’s special Thupka. You must exclude the tomatoes. Use blender or food processor and process the food until it is finely chopped. You must add tomatoes and process them until they all are combined.
Next is to heat the oil in a large saucepan using medium heat for a little. Then add the spice paste and cook and stir the soup for 6-7 minutes until the aromatic and paste start losing its raw smell. You must pour in the chicken stock and boil it. Further, reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes. Then you add the chicken thigh and again cook for 10 minutes or more until the chicken is cooked.
While your chicken is getting cooked, bring 2 liters of water and boil it in a large saucepan. Add rice noodles in it and cook for 2 minutes. Then drain and refresh the cold water, drain again and set aside.
The chicken stock now needs the chopped carrot and capsicum and get cooked for 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables get tender. Add the flavor of lemon juice to balance the taste.
Divide the noodles between bowls and top it with chicken. For the best serving experience, ladle the stock and vegetables over the noodles and top it with coriander.